The winner in today’s competitive world is the one with the most flexible IT systems
Why? Because they can quickly and efficiently adopt to the needs of the Business.
We are sure that you agree, but can you honestly say that your IT organization is aligned with your business in a way that actually makes it possible?
The Alignment Trap
In a recent study from Bain Analysis, where senior and business executives from 504 companies participated, nearly 3/4 answered that they believed that their IT capabilities was neither highly aligned with their business goals nor highly effective. These companies are found in the Maintenance zone. Average IT budget and a business growth 2% below average, which can be seen below.
7% of the companies has achieved what we call IT-enabled growth, where they spend 6% less than average to have a growth rate 35% above average.
Interestingly enough, 8% of the companies, those who have effective IT capabilities but not highly aligned with business, achieve a growth rate 11% above average at a cost 15% below average. They achieve this because they have Well-oiled IT machine.
Here comes the scary part: The 11% who are highly aligned with business but less effective on the IT side spend 13% more on their IT budget than average, to achieve a growth rate 14% lower than average!. These companies are caught in the Alignment trap.
What does this tell us?
It tells us that the most efficient path to IT-Enabled growth is via Well-oiled IT. That holds true whether you are lingering in the Maintenance Zone or caught in the Alignment Trap. This means that you have two choices on how to become a cost effective IT organization that is highly aligned with business:
- The effective way via Well-oiled IT, or
- The expensive and ineffective way via the Alignment trap
The choice does not seem that difficult anymore, does it?
We can help you get there
Assessing your technical platforms and help you get the most out of it
We can help you become more effective and better aligned. Our services are aimed directly at making your IT organization as effective as possible, by:
- Assessing your cloud readiness and helping you on your Cloud journey
- Simplifying your technical setup and system landscape
- Turning your SOA implementation into the high-performance integrator your Business needs
- Helping you managing your masterdata and reducing data redundancy
- Organizing your data and databases more optimally seen from a Business and application point of view
- Transforming your Agile investments so they also drive Business Agility
- Automating tedious and repetitive task
- Software development in Java and .NET based on Agile principles
Your Business will experience service delivery faster and with better quality. Not a bad thing, right?